Re: How to configure access thru proxy

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 02:52:19PM +0100, abdelkader belahcene wrote:
> Hi,
> Several applications haven't proxy configuration ( i want to use skype).
> I have to traverse a proxy, for example in firefox the possibility
> exists, this is not the case for skype (maybe I am wrong) .
>
> I suppose it is possible to declare somewhere a variable for proxy
> info, usable by all applications, to traverse the proxy.

I don't think this is possible.

While, for GNOME apps, you can use gnome-network-preferences, KDE apps
use the configuration specified in KControl or Konqueror.

And for console applications and most other applications, you can hope
that they honour the http_proxy environment variable, and either wrap
calls to them in scripts which set this variable or add the setting to
your .(bash|zsh|csh)rc.

HTH.

Kumar
--