Re: [OT] Re: rampant offtopic and offensive posts to debian-user

Roberto C  Sánchez <roberto@connexer.com>:
>  On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 04:31:12PM +0000, s. keeling wrote:
> > Celejar <celejar@gmail.com>:
> > >
> > >  thread I started (Good, evil, etc) was a response to a sig that I felt
> > >  attacked religion unfairly. Many people use quite provocative sigs,
> > >  ridiculing (often wittily) political or religious views they oppose. If
> > >  we demand that posts be inoffensive, I counter-request that people cut
> > >  the offensive sigs.
> >
> > No.  Think about what you're saying.  Sigs are a time honoured
> > practice, and if you don't like one, hit delete and move on.  Or, if
> > you prefer, email 'em off-list and tell 'em what you think.  You've no
> > right to tell them what to think, say, or write.
>
>  So, let me see if I understand this.  The things for which Michelle,
>  Ron, Michael, Johannes, Judd, Florian and I were criticized, because
>  they were supposedly offensive, would be OK as long as they were in a
>  sig?

Roberto, I generally respect you.  You often have great things to
say.  Please, try not to act the fool.  You're welcome to stick the
whole Ten Commandments in your sig if you want and I promise to ignore
it ruthlessly (assuming you can do that in four lines with a proper
sig delimiter; good luck with that, but maybe a URL to them will serve
your purpose).

The point is, we're trying to make this list tolerable for people we
who we need or want to read it.  You're not helping with childish
stuff like this.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html