Re: rampant offtopic and offensive posts to debian-user

Celejar <celejar@gmail.com>:

>  I see your point about offensiveness, but I'll point out that the OT
>  thread I started (Good, evil, etc) was a response to a sig that I felt
>  attacked religion unfairly. Many people use quite provocative sigs,
>  ridiculing (often wittily) political or religious views they oppose. If
>  we demand that posts be inoffensive, I counter-request that people cut
>  the offensive sigs.

No.  Think about what you're saying.  Sigs are a time honoured
practice, and if you don't like one, hit delete and move on.  Or, if
you prefer, email 'em off-list and tell 'em what you think.  You've no
right to tell them what to think, say, or write.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html