Re: "I do consider Ubuntu to be Debian" , Ian Murdock

Florian Kulzer:

> My impression is that most, if not all, of the dist-upgrade problems
> posted here are related to going to testing before it is released, or
> even involve unstable and experimental.

+ a lot of the problems only occur because many people *always* use
dist-upgrade *and* they do not read when apt(itude) tells them it is
going to remove their Gnome/KDE/kernel etc.

I am running sid on my desktop machines and generally only do 'aptitude
upgrade's because I can still concentrate on packages that may have been
held back afterwards.

J.
--
The houses of parliament make me think of school bullies.
[Agree]   [Disagree]