Re: "I do consider Ubuntu to be Debian" , Ian Murdock

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 09:52:31 +0100, Nik wrote:

[ discussion about some other Linux distribution snipped ]

> Before you make sweeping comments, please do a little research.
> Unless you havn't noticed, people also post here with problems
> dist-upgrading - does this also mean that 75% of Debian users also have
> problems dist-upgrading?

My impression is that most, if not all, of the dist-upgrade problems
posted here are related to going to testing before it is released, or
even involve unstable and experimental. That is not the same thing as
having problems going from one stable release to the next one.

--
Regards,
          Florian