Re: "I do consider Ubuntu to be Debian" , Ian Murdock

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 09:52:31AM +0100, Nik wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 46004ad2.2907bf98.1142.ffffe3ca@mx.google.com>, Michael
> Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 01:43:56PM +0100, Nik wrote:

> > > I would be interested how you reach a figure of 75% How many
> > > Ubuntu users have you polled?
> > >
> > Months of hanging out on the Ubuntu forums, both lurking as a
> > guest and being a registered member for a while:
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=206056 Every day there seemed
> > to be at least three new topics about "apt-get dist-upgrade"
> > breaking a system.
>
> There "seemed" to be? Are you not sure?  How many Ubuntu users who
> have dist-upgraded have not have problems?  Before you make sweeping
> comments, please do a little research.  Unless you havn't noticed,
> people also post here with problems dist-upgrading - does this also
> mean that 75% of Debian users also have problems dist-upgrading?
>
> Nik

I didn't mean "seemed" in a way that I didn't know. I actually went to
the forums everyday, and there WAS at least three topics about
dist-upgrades breaking going from Dapper to Edgy, or Edgy to Feisty.
Dist-upgrades to break here, but we hear about them maybe once a week.

I am 100% SURE that Ubuntu's dist-upgrade breaks more often than
Debian's, and I am certain that the number is 75% or so (Give or take
a bit, 75% is an estimation, not a number written into stone).