Re: "I do consider Ubuntu to be Debian" , Ian Murdock

Frank McCormick wrote:

>   I guess I still don't completely understand the Debian system. Why
> would I not get security patches running testing...which I think is
> really Etch now ?

Security support for etch started around the freeze, IIRC.

I guess it is just too much work for the security team to support and
fix sid, stable and testing, ie. to fix three different versions of a
software just because of one security problem (in the case of stable and
testing the fixes have to be backported).

Johannes