Re: "I do consider Ubuntu to be Debian" , Ian Murdock

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 08:55:45AM -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
>   I guess I still don't completely understand the Debian system. Why
> would I not get security patches running testing...which I think is
> really Etch now ?

AIUI, the security team strarts to provide security support to testing
when it nears release so that more people feel comfortable running
testing on production boxes.  That only happend for etch in the past few
months, not the whole time since Etch was born with the stable release
of Sarge.

I'm assuming that this will mean that Lenny won't start out with
security support.

Doug.