Re: Alternatives to Dreamweaver

>>> I friend of mine wants to run Dreamweaver, and I suggested wine. However
>>> he had some problems (which I don't remember, and my friend is not here
>>> right now). He runs Debian Unstable.
>>>
>> This friend knows that Dreamweaver does *not* produce web-suitable HTML,
>> right?  (If it doesn't pass http://validator.w3.org/, it's not
>> web-suitable).
>>
>> (And are you really his friend for not suggesting something better than
>> Dreamweaver?)
>>

> Please suggest something that would fit the bill, rather than just
> saying "don't do that."

(Did not follow this thread completely)
Quanta suite is a great web-dev tool. It produces web-suitable html,xhtml (transitional,strict,basic), xml, wml ... according to the project DTD definition settings.

It comes with several plugin which makes web-dev life quite easy e.g for php developers among others, such vars completion full control, syntax and php-function highlighting and arguments reminder.

Stylesheets are also easy to implement.

It's really worth to have a look.

cheers
raffaele