Re: Debian Installation on a cybercafe PC

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 12:26:55AM +0530, Deboo ^ wrote:
> [...]
> Secondly, I haven't yet seen a PC bogged up due to installing or
> uninstalling Linux. Does that happen? And how many such cases exist?

It rarely happens, but when it does it sucks. From what I've seen it
usually happens because someone forgot to defrag before they made the
NTFS partition smaller, or it could possibly be just a weird mistake.
I know when I tried installing Gentoo (From the LiveCD, I don't have 3
days to waste on an installer) it killed ALL of my partitions,
including /, /home and swap (I was installing it on a fourth
partition). It just happens, pretty rarely but nothing is guaranteed
100%.

> Thanks again to the guys above who gave the Linux Puppy link and about
> the usb stick Linux - which distro goes in to a USB stick?

DSL has an embedded zip file that goes right onto a USB with syslinux,
but I personally use FeatherLinux. I find it a lot smoother than DSL,
and generally everything works better. FeatherLinux hasn't been
worked on in a long time though, so the packages may be a bit out of
date.