Re: Debian Installation on a cybercafe PC

Thanks for the reply Vibhav,
That worked :-)

Regards,
Deboo
P.S.: Pls use plain text for sending mails to lists. It's easier to
read and most ppl don't like html. :-)

On 2/26/07, Vibhav Sharma <vibhav@drishti-soft.com> wrote:
Deboo ^ wrote:
> Hello,
>        I need to use linux when out of office. Is there a way to
> remove it once I install Debian on to a PC with Windoze (2000/XP)? It
> should get removed even from the OS menu. If that is possible, please
> explain how to go about it.

are you asking "Is there a way to completely remove a Debian
installation from a PC?" ?

Atleast that is what I'm able to understand so answering for that. If
the question is something else, could you clarify.

Anyway, 'yes' you can completely remove a debian installation from a PC.
(It's heresy to do so though ;))

You'll need to do 2 things

1. restore the windoze MBR.
    there might be other ways but this is one of the type of my head for
the rest google :).
    use a Windoze install disk to boot into rescue mode and run 'fixmbr'

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/bootcons_fixmbr.mspx?mfr=true

2. Delete the Linux partition
    this I'm supposing you'd know howto as you managed to set up a dual
boot environment. Just use your favourite tool ..
"Partitionmagic(windoze)" / "Parted(*nix)".
    or I might have missed some but again 'Google' for "partitioning
tools" will get you somewhere.

Hope that helps,
-Vibhav Sharma