Re: static IP

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 10:17:35AM -0800, Jordi wrote:
> Hi to all
>
> I must thank all people here.
>
> I called for a friend in ubuntu forum, he visited my public ip and got
> the Xampp page!

good, I suspected as much.

> So the server works fine !
>
> The problem is that from inside my home, the router sends all visits
> to its configuration. But from outside, they can visit my server, not
> the router.

of course. how else could you configure the router? The router
distinguishes between the different sources of requests. That's how it
works. If you have DNS setup, then you could access your web page
internally by name and setup your own local name server so that when
you reference that address by name form within your lan it would point
to your local server. But that is another topic.