Re: static IP

Hi Nikhil,

> This comment, together with the fact that you're using private IP
> addresses (192.168.*.*) suggests to me that you have only one static IP
> address.  Is this correct?

Yes I have just an ip, let's say 85.xx.xx.xx

> Your router needs to redirect incoming requests on port 80 to your Linux
> machine, and do NAT (network address address translation) on the outgoing
> stuff; probably it's already doing the latter, but not the former, and for
> that you'll need to set up the appropriate firewall rule in the router.

May be another thing, because I have the firewall totally disabled in
the router. It says: "Disabled. All traffic is allowed to pass through
your SpeedTouch. Game & Application sharing is allowed by the
firewall."

I have my ports forwaded right, but the router doesn't identify my
Linux machine with the public ip for some reason.

I read this:
http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/servers/44621-setting-up-web-server-noob-q-3.html
the final post explains DMZ, and maybe that way it would work. Though
I feel it is insecure, as all my pcs and specially my server will be
totally exposed to attacks.

Any ideas?

Jordi