Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 14:18 -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> I would argue that anything larger than a pickup truck is not an offroad
> vehicle regardless of marketing.  A Ford Excursion and all Hummer models
> fail to qualify as offroad vehicles for this reason in my book.  You can
> spend all day trying to find a route around a narrow road in one of those
> while I just cruise down the straight route, around you and up between
> those two trees on opposite sides of the trail you can't fit through...

So, the Original HMMV doesn't classify. Wow, that's a bold statement.

The Original HMMV, was designed to get through DEEP mud/water/sand/snow
with ease. HMMVs with Rim-Drive like it has and 43 degree incline bite,
many elements from specially designed "rock-climbing" vehicles, many
elements from early Baja vehicles and a very well balanced weight
distribution are indeed very offroad. Of course the consumer versions of
them aren't quite what I'd call "clones", the Hummer-1 is as close to it
as any consumer can get.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup