Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

>> > People should have to pass a competency test before being allowed to
>> > use a computer.
>>
>> Let's not get too hasty, we're just finally to the point where Oregon
>> expects people to know how to drive before driving.
>
> yeah, but Oregon still doesn't trust me to pump my own gas. Of course,
> with some of the crap I see around here, that's probably a good thing.

You can pump your own gas in Oregon, just join a membership cardlock
station.  You sign a waiver making it technically a form of employment with
no hours.  Self service prices in Oregon are comparable to what they are in
Washington, and about 30 cents a gallon more than minimum service.  Why
make such a big deal about doing the gas station's job for them when it
just costs more?