Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Ron Johnson wrote:

>> Be thankful that they even know what GNU/Linux is.
>
> People should have to pass a competency test before being allowed to
> use a computer.

Let's not get too hasty, we're just finally to the point where Oregon
expects people to know how to drive before driving.  Under the old rules,
you could get an Oregon license without taking the test if you surrendered
a valid out-of-state license.  California doesn't require you to pass the
driving test to get a license, and without the red and white warning sign,
Californian drivers are really hard to stay clear of.  Finally the rules
changed and Oregon no longer honors other state's registrations and
licenses.