Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 02:04:39 -0500
"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 10:40:25PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> > Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > > I don't get the question.  God decides what is and is not his
> > > word. Lots of people have claimed to write in the name of God.
> >
> >     Ah, but that's the rub, who's deciding what is the real article
> > and what isn't?  God's not chiming in.  You do realize that exactly
> > which gospels that would go on to comprise the modern Bible were
> > hotly debated centuries after the supposed events took place.
> > Debated by men, not God.  There are many more which are not
> > included.  So, why are you not asking what is in those Gospels and
> > why men, not God, decided they should not be distributed in the
> > definitive collection of Jesus' life?
> >
> You do realize that the ones that ended up in the Bible were the ones
> which were essentially universally agreed up upon, correct?  Yes there
> was debate.  There were people who wanted to subvert the process.
> There were people who were misguided.

It was once universally agreed that the Earth is the center of the
universe. Does that make it true?

> However, since I have faith that God was able to create the entire
> universe by speaking it into existence, I also have faith that He was
> able to preserve His Word.

God? Yes. People? No. Please show us the involvement of God himself in
preserving his word. And I would rather consider a miracle the survival
of those other texts given the (human) effort taken to make them
disappear.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)