Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 02/25/07 17:57, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
>> Joe Hart wrote:
>>
>>> I remember when I was in elementary school (in Virginia) that we were
>>> taught the metric system
>>>

>> Actually this approach is very good. You get to know about other things
>> and wont be overwhelmed when you encounter them. In India, We were taught
>> CGS,
>
> CGS?

CGS stands for centimeter-gram-second. Basically the length is measured in
centimeters etc., It is a very old system. Stuff like dynes, ergs are used
to measure force, energy.

More info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CGS

>> MKS, SI and a bunch of other stuff both in high school, college. I found
>> it

MKS stands for meter-kilogram-second. Basically the length is measured in
meters etc., It is new compared to CGS. SI system is developed based on
this MKS.

More info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_System_of_Units

raju

--