Re: Ubuntu vs. Debian

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:08:13 -0500, Miles Fidelman
<mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> said:

> Oh come on.  At the company we just left, we generated 2-3 proposals
> a month, each at 25 pages or so, using Word.  There are lots of
> reasons to dislike Word, but get real, it's usable and it works.

        I've always found it easier to create a report using LaTeX
 than using word. I spend far less time fiddling with display oddities
 and widows and orphan paragraphs.  While word might be usable (I
 wonder, though -- it appears to have no concept of kerning or
 variable spacing), it seems far harder to do what one wants than if
 one uses TeX.

        manoj
--
Have you ever noticed that the people who are always trying to tell
you `there's a time for work and a time for play' never find the time