Re: Ubuntu vs. Debian (was Re: Introduction)

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 07:03:18 +0100
Joe Hart <j.hart@orange.nl> wrote:

Damn, did it again.  I am so used to hitting reply.  I have to
remember Reply to ALL...

'Reply to list' would be better. There was just recently a thread about
Icedove/Thundebird extensions to achieve that.

Regards,
Andrei
Thanks, I'll check the archives because I searched for it on mozilla and couldn't find it.

To be honest I would prefer switching to Kmail because it integrates much better to KDE, and it is a good client, but I can't do that because my mail has to be accessible from Windows, that my wife insists that I keep on this PC. She gets mail too, and says that she has to have windows for her school. I told her about Crossover Office, but she says "Why should we buy something so I we can run MS Office on Linux when it runs fine under Windows". Maybe I'll play with wine and get her apps working. I have yet to spend the time. She says OpenOffice isn't good enough, because it can't read the .doc files reliably (thanks to the proprietary nature of the .doc files).

I have no viable argument. I could install Windows in a VM, but I already cut the space to only a few gigs, and with 750 gigs or so of storage available on this computer, I don't really miss the space. With IceDove/Thunderbird, I can (and have) set it so it uses the same folder/directory to store the mail so it makes no difference if she reads the mail in Windows or I do it in Linux.

Joe