Re: Ubuntu vs. Debian (was Re: Introduction)

Chris Bannister wrote:
If an M$ Word user has the skill to automatically generate a TOC from a
reasonably sized document, then I take my hat off to them. I have seen
the results of an unsuccessful attempt, unfortunately it was a team
report. :-(

There are a lot of maschoists out there. If I see someone manage to
successfully accomplish a risky task for Windows, like print a report,
with more than four pages, over a network I think they deserve a pat on
the back. No, some people thrive on that "Extreme Risk" factor and would
probably die of boredom running Linux. Me, I'm a lazy bastard, and my
body can't handle the stress of running Windows.

Oh come on. At the company we just left, we generated 2-3 proposals a month, each at 25 pages or so, using Word. There are lots of reasons to dislike Word, but get real, it's usable and it works. (By the way, I run Debian on my servers, used Windows at work because that's what the company issued, and my personal machine is a Mac. Had an IT guy to keep the
Windows machine working, so no stress on my part :-)