Re: What UPS to buy

Ron Johnson wrote:

>> Some of APC's UPS units allow you to set the voltage sensitivity via dip
>> switches, some of the units allow you to set it via software, and some
>> don't let you adjust the sensitivity.  So if you plan to back up your
>> battery powered UPS with an external generator, make sure to get a UPS
>> with an adjustment for voltage sensitivity.
>
> But then you're stepping out of the realm of SOHO UPSs, no?

Not really.  Such a setup would be desirable in Northwest Oregon now that
we're stuck dragging California's electrically dead weight, and they can't
be bothered to turn off some lights.  Hopefully the answer to "How many
Californian legislators does it take to change a light bulb" is all of
them, just like all of them created the problem Oregon's being forced to
fix for them right now.  I would like to go back to paying market rates for
my electric instead of over twice market because PG&E doesn't want to pay
what California has legally required them to pay now (any rate the market
is willing to sell to power-nongenerating fools).