Re: Problem installing packages with apt-get, aptitude and dselect

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 09:49:20PM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 11:21:04PM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > well, you answered your own question, but here's what I do.
> >
> > mostly I ignore anyhting marked as <done>. Anything marked as
> > <pending> (or other things, are there others?) I review carefully to
>
> IIRC, there was a post on debian-devel where anything marked as <done>
> does not necessarily mean it was resolved/fixed. Something to do with
> version tracking in apt-listbugs, although I've never been bitten by
> ignoring anything marked as <done>.

yeah. I'm just for the first time seeing that with this apt
bug. yesterday apt-listbugs showed it as <done> in version 0.6.46.4 but the
candidate was still 0.6.46.3. of course now we've caught up and
0.6.46.4 is the candidate.

So I've never been bitten by a <done> either, but one must actually
read the thing and see what's going on.