Re: Problem installing packages with apt-get, aptitude and dselect

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
check out the package apt-listbugs. It puls down critical (and maybe
severe) bug reports and prompts you before installing packages. That's
how I saw the segfault bug in apt and held my apt and apt-utils at the
current version pending resolution.
The funny thing is that I do have this package installed. Don't know why I didn't catch this bug. When installation pauses because of a pending bug, does that always mean that a package should not be installed?

--
Sincerely
Jose Alburquerque