Re: debian and graphics drivers [was google earth and graphics drivers]

On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 22:01 +0000, Tyler wrote:
> > This sounds like hardware acceleration is turned off for Google Earth,
> > but you don't experience it as slow?
> >
> Not at all. Actually, I'm pretty sure it's faster than when I use XP
> with the latest intel drivers on the same machine. Plus it doesn't
> crash, so...

I guess LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT is some kind of work around for a bug
specific to Google Earth then.

When I activate LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT, I only seem to get software
rendering, and that's painfully slow.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson