Re: debian and graphics drivers [was google earth and graphics drivers]

This sounds like hardware acceleration is turned off for Google Earth,
but you don't experience it as slow?

Not at all. Actually, I'm pretty sure it's faster than when I use XP with the latest intel drivers on the same machine. Plus it doesn't crash, so...

Anyway, first of all, make sure hardware acceleration is on and working
correctly for other applications. Do "glxinfo | grep direct" from a
terminal.

direct rendering: YES

Thanks,

Tyle