Unstable FF+FP (was Re: macromedia flash plugin for firefox?)

On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 18:29 -0400, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
> On 4/2/06, Nick Lidakis <nlidakis@verizon.net> wrote:
>         Ron Johnson wrote:
>
> [...]
[snip]

> Damn!  I visited pier1 to see if I could reproduce the symptoms, and
> not only do the drop-down menus not work properly (they hide behind
> the flashy graphic) but closing the tab crashed firefox!  (1.0.7 on
> etch.)  And I just "upgraded" from the Marillat site yesterday.

I too found that FP7 would regularly crash FF 1.0.x.  FF 1.5, though,
is highly stable with FP7.

Since you're Etch, though, you'll either have to get it from mozilla,
or suffer until 1.5 makes it's way to Etch.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Guidelines for Bureaucrats: 1. When in charge, ponder. 2. When
in trouble, delegate. 3. When in doubt, mumble."
James H. Borden