Re: macromedia flash plugin for firefox?

Doofus wrote:

I've downloaded "install_flash_player_7_linux.tar.gz" from macromedia.com, installed Takuo's "flashplugin-nonfree" package with dependecies (ruby, debconf), then ran the "update-flashplugin" script. All as root.

Nothing...

The firefox browser reports "No plug-ins are installed".

Sorry I didn't finish properly.

I'm running sarge. The during installation aptitude and update-flashplugin report:

   Setting up flashplugin-nonfree (7.0.25-5) ...
   I: checking http://macromedis.rediris.es/tarball/debian/ ...
   No new version is detected. ( = Not installed)

And the actual plugin file isn't on the machine anywhere.

I'm mystified because I got this working fine a couple of weeks ago on a similar machine.
Can anyone please advise?