Re: macromedia flash plugin for firefox?

On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 15:22 -0400, Nick Lidakis wrote:
> Sridhar M.A. wrote:
> >>
> >> Put this in your sources.list:
> >> deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ sid main
> >>
> >> Adjust for sid or testing as to your system needs.
> >> # apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
> >>
> >> You'll get flashplugin-nonfree 7.0.63.1 that works perfectly.
> >>

> It doesn't work perfectly for me. Either installing the software direct
> from macromedia, or from the above mentioned method. I still have
> trouble with sites like Toyota.com or Pier1.com. The drop down lists
> don't show, or they half show behind the current graphic. Could not
> build a car because the zip code filed remains empty after trying to
> enter any number numerous times.
>
> I have trouble with other sites as well. I still can't figure out if
> something is misconfigured or the Linux package is just buggy. Could
> someone humor me and please try the  (the USA) www.toyota.com website?

I see the same problems you describe at toyota.com.

flash 7.0.63.1 from neris.
firefox 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.1-4

In Win2k, using FF 1.5.0.1 and Flash 8.0r24, it works fine.

pier1.com (your wife made you go there, right???) worked fine, with
the little testing I tried.  What exact problem(s) are you having
with it?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"The British Constitution has always been puzzling and always
will be."
Queen Elizabeth II