Re: Replacement suggestions for konsole, kate, kcalc

On Monday, 26 December 2005 at 15:58:43 -0800, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> Brad Sims wrote:
> >On Sunday 25 December 2005 5:19 pm, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
> >
> >>Thanks Brad for the suggestion. I just hope the OP likes it as much as I
> >>am liking it....
> >

> >Your welcome...
> >
> >The command I use to emulate konsole with white on black background is
> >the following all on one line: "mrxvt -stt -rv -sr -bt -geometry 1008x44
> >-sl 2000 -fn 9x15 -tabfg blue -tabbg grey -itabfg black -itabbg dark
>
> Yes, I do.  I think mrxvt is going to work for me, too.  I was having
> problems, at first, with changing the tab names, but a quick look at the
> Fine Manual solved that.  Using your command line as a start and
> modifying a bit for my tastes, then putting it into a .mrxvtrc file has
> given me something that acts the way I am used to, without the annoying
> DCOP.  I have already changed my menus and fvwm2 configs to use mrxvt
> instead of konsole.

Yes, this has been very useful: I like mrxvt too.  It avoids the problem
that some terminals have of trapping F10 so that you cannot easily get
out of mc.  On the other hand, it shares the other problem of being left
in reverse video when you do quit mc.  Still, that is transient and
scrolls away.

--
richard