Re: Replacement suggestions for konsole, kate, kcalc

Brad Sims wrote:
On Sunday 25 December 2005 5:19 pm, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:

Thanks Brad for the suggestion. I just hope the OP likes it as much as I am liking it....

Your welcome...

The command I use to emulate konsole with white on black background is
the following all on one line: "mrxvt -stt -rv -sr -bt -geometry 1008x44 -sl 2000 -fn 9x15 -tabfg blue -tabbg grey -itabfg black -itabbg dark

Yes, I do. I think mrxvt is going to work for me, too. I was having problems, at first, with changing the tab names, but a quick look at the Fine Manual solved that. Using your command line as a start and modifying a bit for my tastes, then putting it into a .mrxvtrc file has given me something that acts the way I am used to, without the annoying DCOP. I have already changed my menus and fvwm2 configs to use mrxvt instead of konsole.

Now, I just need to replace kate and kcalc and I will be virtually DCOP free.

Thanks.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com