Re: Replacement suggestions for konsole, kate, kcalc

Brad Sims wrote:

On Saturday 24 December 2005 2:41 pm, Marc Shapiro wrote:
I really like the tabs on konsole MUCH better than opening a new xterm window. Is there anything else out there that can do tabs that is not tied to a huge DE?

mrxvt - lightweight multi-tabbed X terminal emulator
	Mrxvt is a multi-tabbed color vt102 terminal emulator for X Window
	 system. It features multi-tab support, fast pseudo-transparent
	 background, user supplied XPM/JPEG/PNG images for background, tinting,
	 off-focus fading, text shadow, NeXT/Rxvt/Xterm/SGI/Plain style
	 scrollbars, XIM and multi-languages (Chinese/Korea/Japanese), and
	 logging.

	 Mrxvt does NOT require KDE or GNOME desktop environment.
Reading d-u is always worth it. I just tried out mrxvt and it indeed is a very good alternative for konsole. It solves one problem, which I could not solve with konsole, namely, "How to change the title of a tab to the current directory automatically?" That is an FAQ for them.... Thanks Brad for the suggestion. I just hope the OP likes it as much as I am liking it....

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/