Re: New post install tidbits?

On Sun, Dec 25, 2005 at 10:10:48PM -0500, Chinook wrote:

> I would not mind logging in and starting the desktop GUI from Terminal,
> but for my wife's sake I need a KDE login GUI that does not require the
> root password to shutdown.

If you want to make it easy for your wife to shut down, you could change
the ctrlaltdel line in /etc/inittab:

ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t1 -a -r now

Change -r to -h and the system will shut down when ctrl-alt-del is
pressed.  (First you might have to press ctrl-alt-F1 to get to a text
console).

--
Dyslexics have more fnu.