Re: Stock Sarge segfaults, and later crashes!

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 06:57:56 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote
(<[🔎] dmcagk$mto$1@sea.gmane.org>):

> Felix Karpfen wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:58:44 -0500, Marty wrote
>> (<[🔎] 4384D804.1020503@ix.netcom.com>):
>>
>> Regrettably, I had the same crash experience twice in the past few
>> weeks.
>>
>> Never before that in 10 years of using PCs.

SNIP>>

>> I attributed the crashes to my non-standard setup - fvwm2 XWindows Manager
>> and Gnome Session Manager.
>>
>> So I flagged the problem with the "fvwm user group".
>>
>> And was advised -  "it sounds like a faulty HD".

SNIP

> What sort of crashes?

While I lack the technical knowhow of the previous posters, the
symptoms of my crashes sounded the same to me as those reported in
this thread..

The running program locked up, the root directory switched to
"read-only" mode and running a manual "fsck" found a lot of orphans.

Felix Karpfen

--
Felix Karpfen