Re: Stopping Bootlog daemon... failed!

it does not appear "bootlogd" in /var/log/messages, I read about syslog-ng vs. syslog and thougth it would be a better choice, so I installed syslog-ng and set

/etc/default/bootlogd****************
 # Run bootlogd at startup ?
 BOOTLOGD_ENABLE=No

is that a way to go?
I will do a bit or reading on how to use the syslog-ng version and all,

Bill Marcum <bmarcum@iglou.com>
wrote:
On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 01:02:02AM -0800, Fred J. wrote:

> Hello
>
> when I do a fresh boot, the last line reads
> Stopping Bootlog daemon... failed!
>
> I am running debian testing 2.6.13
>
> /etc/default/bootlogd****************
> # Run bootlogd at startup ?
> BOOTLOGD_ENABLE=Yes

Check the messages during bootup to see if bootlogd was ever started.