Re: A few general questions from a Debian newbie

On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 16:50 -0700, Scott wrote:
> Kent West wrote:
> >

> >>3- OpenOffice 2 was recently added to Debian Unstable.
> >>Is it likely that OpenOffice 2 will be added to
> >>Debian Stable.  If so when?
> >>

> > No. Stable does not get new packages, other than bug/security fixes and
> > the like.
>
> And that my friends, is Debian's biggest flaw when it comes to the

You're missing the point of what "stable" means.

Because I want the "latest and greatest", I also use Sid, but don't
complain about Stable not having the "latest and greatest", because
I understand what Stable (in this context) means: unchanging set
of software, with only security patches added.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"I need an expert on the pain I'm goin' thru, so I keep George on
the ol' turn table 'till I'm over you..."
Mark Chesnutt, "Just Playin' Possum"