A few general questions from a Debian newbie

I have been running Debian Stable on a PC and Debian
Testing on a PC for a few months.  All is well.  I
have a few questions:

1- Compared to Debian Stable, Debian Testing has many
more programs on the Gnome menu (many without icons).
Will the next Stable release retain all these menu
items?  Or, will the next stable release retain a
smaller list of menu selections like the current
stable release?

2- Is there a tool that can be used to edit the Gnome
2.10 menu in Debian Testing?  If not where can I find
the  underlying files?  I want to hide or remove most
of the KDE applications.

3- OpenOffice 2 was recently added to Debian Unstable.
 Is it likely that OpenOffice 2 will be added to
Debian Stable.  If so when?

Thanks to anyone who can help get this newbie up to speed.

http://mail.yahoo.com