Re: spam blacklist pop3 solution

Adam Hardy(adam.ant@cyberspaceroad.com) is reported to have said:
> I googled for this extensively and come up with nothing - I'm looking
> for a hard-core spam blacklist to remove the spam from my POP3 mailbox
> before I download it.
>
> I'm using a PDA alot and the primitive software on it doesn't include
> any filtering, nor does my provider who runs the mailserver offer anything.
>
> I heard that there is company offering some subscription service where
> they run a database of spam mail originating IP addresses, maintained on
> a continual basis by customers using (grit your teeth) an Outlook
> extension to submit new spam for blacklisting at any time.
>
> This is automated so that customers who frequently correctly identify
> spam gain a ranking - customers with really high rankings can cause a
> new spammer to be filtered out within seconds.
>
> Anyone heard of it, or an urban myth?
>
> After finding nothing on google, I think I might be wrong about it being
> a pop3 mailbox cleaner. Perhaps it's Outlook-only.

apt-cache show mailfilter

Removes spam at the server so you don't have to download it.  Uses
Allow, Deny, Scoring regex rules to mark spam for deletion.

There is also a new spinoff called murx which allows more options in the
'spam' filtering.  A debian package is available <murx.sourceforge.net>.

WT
--
Why do we want intelligent terminals when there are so many stupid
users?