Ram memory after many days

Hello

I commonly use the next applications: Mozilla, gnu-emacs, gv, xpdf and many xterminals. The problem is that after many days without restart the system the memory grow a little more any day and after aprox. 20 days I have all my 775MB occupied by the system and even if I close all the applications the memory occupied still the same, just reboot the system free this memory.
My question is how release the memory that is not in use any more?

Thank you in advance

 Gustavo Halperin

By the way, I'm using Debian Sarge with MW Enlightenment without KDE or Gnome