Re: call for a vote -- should debian-user mailing list replies go to author or to list?

On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 03:26:27AM +0100, Wulfy wrote:
> Michelle Konzack wrote:

> >>Are all the University lists also sick?
> >>

> >TU-Muenchen? Freiburg? Mannheim? ULP-Streasbourg? UCLA?
> >
> >They are working as I expect...
> >
> West Virginia University and Memorial University of Newfoundland both
> work as I expect.  But this is not the point.  As someone else said in
> this thread, this is just a pissing contest.  There is a problem, to
> which solutions have been proposed.  One is definitely not going to
> happen, another should, in my opinion. Telling people to suck it up and
> just use the delete key, as I've been told elsewhere is arrogant and
> churlish.

This thread has degenerated to the point the messages no longer make it
clear which side of the argument they are supporting.  The gereric form
is a list of mail programs, mailing lists, and/or institutions, followed
by words like "They are working as I expect".

-- hendrik