Re: call for a vote -- should debian-user mailing list replies go to author or to list?

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:56:20 -0700
"David Christensen" <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:

> debian users:
>
> I am tired of replying to messages on this list, only to realize that my reply
> went to the message author and not to the list.  It is my understanding that the
> people in charge of this list think that his behavior is a feature, not a bug.
> I disagree.
>

> I acknowledge that this issue can be argued back and forth indefinitely, and
> will never be unanimously decided.  Therefore, I call for a simple majority vote
> to decide the matter, with a cutoff for voting of 72 hours from the time this
> message is posted.
>

> I vote for "Reply to list".
>

> Sincerely yours,
>
> David Christensen, P.E.
> CA Lic. No. E14109 and M28845
> 977 Lourence Drive, Tracy, CA 95376
> http://www.holgerdanske.com/dpchrist/
> dpchrist@holgerdanske.com
> (209) 830-8249
>
> p.s.  I searched the mailing list archives for "vote reply" and "vote
>       replies" during the past year with results of "No matches".

Am new here, but think that reply to list is standard on all Linux learning lists? My
main flaw is that I usually reply to sender as well, especially where thankyou's are
included.

Charlie

  +++++++
Registered Linux User:- 329524
Nothing puzzles me more than time and space; yet nothing troubles me less.
............Charles Lamb

Trying Linux Debian Sarge