call for a vote -- should debian-user mailing list replies go to author or to list?

debian users:

I am tired of replying to messages on this list, only to realize that my reply
went to the message author and not to the list.  It is my understanding that the
people in charge of this list think that his behavior is a feature, not a bug.
I disagree.

I acknowledge that this issue can be argued back and forth indefinitely, and
will never be unanimously decided.  Therefore, I call for a simple majority vote
to decide the matter, with a cutoff for voting of 72 hours from the time this
message is posted.

I vote for "Reply to list".

Sincerely yours,

David Christensen, P.E.
CA Lic. No. E14109 and M28845
977 Lourence Drive, Tracy, CA 95376
http://www.holgerdanske.com/dpchrist/
dpchrist@holgerdanske.com
(209) 830-8249

p.s.  I searched the mailing list archives for "vote reply" and "vote
      replies" during the past year with results of "No matches".