Re: call for a vote -- should debian-user mailing list replies go to author or to list?

On Tuesday, 23.08.2005 at 22:09 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:

> So hit Reply to Mailing List instead of Reply to Author.  The list
> does set standard mailing list headers that are easily detected by any
> modern mail reader.  no, Outlook is not a modern mail reader, no
> matter how much Microsoft tries to convince you otherwise.  Ask for a
> refund and get one that has basic functionality like a proper
> inline-reply and Reply to Mailing List.  Everybody else has had these
> features for years.

Does anyone have a list of MUAs which have this functionality?

In my experience:

- Outlook/Express: NO

- Mozilla Thunderbird: NO, although "Reply to All" gets halfway.  You
  need to remove the original sender's address from "To" and change the
  "Cc" for debian-user to be "To".  Actually, re-reading that, that is
  probably too cumbersome and should count as a full "NO".

- Pegasus Mail: NO

- Mutt: YES (my client of choice)

Paul, you appear to be using KMail, which given your remarks I presume
you feel it merits a "YES"?

What about other clients?

Dave.
--