Re: call for a vote -- should debian-user mailing list replies go to author or to list?

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 10:09:22PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 August 2005 09:56 pm, David Christensen wrote:

[some ranting snipped]

> > It is my understanding that the people in charge of this list think that his
> > behavior is a feature, not a bug. I disagree.
>
> So you're wrong.  Please accept that.

[snip]

> No need to include your address, your Californian nature is apparent by the
> ignorance demonstrated in your post.  Please read the archives first next
> time.

Is this your "Angry Linux Expert" act?  The only other reason to be this
hostile and dismissive would be that, well, you're being a huge jerk.

Do you have an actual REASON not to want the setting changed?  Particularly
given that the list's policy is to reply to list, not sender?
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.