Re: call for a vote -- should debian-user mailing list replies go to author or to list?

Paul Johnson wrote:
On Tuesday 23 August 2005 09:56 pm, David Christensen wrote:

debian users:

I am tired of replying to messages on this list, only to realize that my
reply went to the message author and not to the list.

So hit Reply to Mailing List instead of Reply to Author. The list does set standard mailing list headers that are easily detected by any modern mail reader. no, Outlook is not a modern mail reader, no matter how much Microsoft tries to convince you otherwise. Ask for a refund and get one that has basic functionality like a proper inline-reply and Reply to Mailing List. Everybody else has had these features for years.

It is my understanding that the people in charge of this list think that his
behavior is a feature, not a bug. I disagree.

So you're wrong.  Please accept that.

David Christensen, P.E.
CA Lic. No. E14109 and M28845
977 Lourence Drive, Tracy, CA 95376

No need to include your address, your Californian nature is apparent by the ignorance demonstrated in your post. Please read the archives first next time.

( I hit "reply to newsgroup" in mozilla's mailnews)
Paul, be nice now, the OP is just doing something you don't like.