Re: Problems with Debian 3.0 when trying to install on an ASUS av8 motherboard with an ATI x800 graphics card

Hi all!
Thanks for the suggestion. I managed to install sid-amd64-netinst.iso
and all my network device and sata hard disk were recognised. So 3/4
of the problem has been solved.

However i have a problem with starting x. When i type xfree86 it tells
me that its an unknown command. At the moment therefore i only have
command line available with no desktop manager. I have updated the
packages using dselect but to no avail.

Can anyone please help me ? I am feeling a little frustrated at the
moment knowing that i am so close but yet so far from using debian
sarge.

Thank you
Richard