Re: Problems with Debian 3.0 when trying to install on an ASUS av8 motherboard with an ATI x800 graphics card

It's more than patches (especially concerning X). Debian 3.0 is calles Woody and
is the stable version of Debian. Sarge is the testing one, that will replace
Woody in a near future. It contains more recent softwares and kernel imageswith
which you should not have any problem in recognising your hardware.

And, in practice, it is already really stable.

Regards