Re: switch from 2.4.24 lvm1 to 2.6.10 lvm 2 problems

Pigeon wrote:

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 01:38:55PM +0100, Benedict Verheyen wrote:
Well, i tried with several initrd's (your script and the one from poochiereds) and i fail to make
the thing work. So no kernel 2.6 for the moment.

Have you tried pressing return to get the initrd shell and then
following through the script by entering the commands from the script
one at a time by hand, so you can see what goes wrong and where?
Yes, i posted what i got in a previous mail.
Won't work :(

<snip workaround>

Well, that would work, but is suboptimal...

I agree but on the other hand, i want a 2.6 kernel so i'm not going to spend a lot of time getting this to work. 30+ hour of kernel compilation, googling and the likes is enough.
I tried everything that i can think of.
I will first try to get a 2.6 kernel going with root not on lvm and then i might try again.

Regards,
Benedict