Re: switch from 2.4.24 lvm1 to 2.6.10 lvm 2 problems

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 01:38:55PM +0100, Benedict Verheyen wrote:
> Well, i tried with several initrd's (your script and the one from
> poochiereds) and i fail to make
> the thing work. So no kernel 2.6 for the moment.

Have you tried pressing return to get the initrd shell and then
following through the script by entering the commands from the script
one at a time by hand, so you can see what goes wrong and where?

> I really wonder if other distro's are such a pain to upgrade root on lvm
> to a 2.6 kernel and LVM2?
> I doubt it.
> Only thing i can figure out that i could do is this:
> * pvresize so i have some unpartitioned space
> * make a ext3 partition not in the volume group
> * move / to this non lvm group
> * adjust /etc/fstab
> * adjust /boot/grub/menu.lst
> * reboot and enjoy kernel 2.6

Well, that would work, but is suboptimal...

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons