Re: Debian Kindergarten List (was: Debian List for Idiot Debian Users - seriously).

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 03:03:15 -0500
Kevin Mark <kmark+debian-user@pipeline.com> wrote:

> As to the temperment of
> responces, it varies by person, by day, by caffine level x-).
> People are people. Some non-newbies get occasionally huffy after
> reading the 1000th'how can I read a M$ word doc' and wisk off a
> RTFM response or the ever popular like to ESR's smart faq page.

Yes, people are people, which means there are people who get tired
of the "I'm so smart and I'm going to prove, every chance I get, how
smart I am by pointing out how stupid you are" attitude.

Have you ever taken a look at how many women contribute to this list
more than a couple of times?  The low number isn't because there
aren't women who use Linux.  Many of us use it on a professional
level and on a personal level.

Although not Debian specific, there are Linux lists where "RTFM",
and the attitudes which go along with it, are not the "norm" and are
even not allowed.  Yet, the people who answer questions are not "the
blind leading the blind" as suggested.

I know I'll get flamed for this response, but maybe it's time to
grow up, boys.

--
Raquel
What I cannot love, I overlook.  Is that real friendship?